Losses can exceed deposits
If you’re looking to apply for a spread betting and/or CFD trading account then one option is ETX Capital, a leading UK operator offering both spread betting and CFDs.
ETX Capital ReviewIf you spread bet with ETX Capital you get all the normal benefits such as:
- Tax-free* investments (although this depends on your personal circumstances and the jurisdiction that you pay tax in). There’s no capital gains tax, no income tax and no stamp duty
- You can buy or sell markets
- There are no commission fees
- There are no brokers’ fees
- A wide range of markets including stock indices, forex, shares, commodities, interest rates and bonds – for more details see ETX Capital markets
ETX Capital Platform HighlightsAs well as the above, with an ETX Capital account you also get:
- Mobile Trading – the ETX iPhone app lets investors trade quickly and stops them from being shackled to their PC.
- MetaTrader 4 – investors can use MT4, one of the most popular forex trading platforms. MT4 tools include automated trading via EAs, pre-set indicators, multi-account management, back-testing and comprehensive charting.
- Advanced Charts – the platform comes with award winning Trade-Through Charts as standard, see ETX Charts below for details.
- An Advanced Trading Platform – the platform offers fast execution, trade-through charts (see below), price alerts, a wide range of markets, multiple watchlists, the option to manage your trading screen layout etc.
- Tight Fixed Spreads – there are low fixed spreads across popular forex, index and commodities markets, see leading spread betting firms for details.
- CFD Trading – as well as a comprehensive spread betting service, ETX Capital offer a broad array of Contracts for Difference (CFDs) including stock indices, forex, shares, commodities and ETFs.
- Options – options offer a useful addition to normal spread betting and CFDs. Options let you speculate on the future value of an underlying market by giving you the option to buy or sell at a particular price in the future.
- Exchange Traded Funds – ETFs track the performance of an index, commodity or a collection of assets, e.g. a sector or bundle of commodities, but they are traded like a share. ETFs available include; ETF All Commodities, ETF Agriculture, Financial Bear (3X), MSCI Turkey Index, MSCI Emerging Markets Index and Market Vectors Russia.
- Multilingual Websites – there are live local language sites in Danish, French, German, Greek, Italian and Spanish.
- Flexible Order types – there is a range of risk management and trading orders e.g. stop losses, take profit orders (limit orders) and OCO (one-cancels-the-other) orders.
- High Quality Customer Service – the spread betting company has been recognised as having one of the highest levels of customer satisfaction in the industry.
ETX Capital AwardsETX Capital have won a range of awards in recent years, these include:
- Best Online Charts, MoneyAM Awards, 2012
- Best Futures & Options Broker, Shares Awards, 2012
- Best Value for Money, Investment Trends, 2011
ETX Capital Mobile TradingETX Capital let clients trade using iPhone, iPad and Android apps, the apps let investors:
- Trade quickly using the one-tap trading function
- Trade global markets 24 hours a day (Sunday evening to Friday evening)
- Access live charts and apply technical analysis indicators e.g. Moving Averages, Bollinger Bands, MACD and Stochastics
- Add and amend trading orders like Stops, Limits and OCOs
- Quickly find markets and create watchlists
- View their portfolio, account balance, trading history, transaction history and open positions
ETX Capital AccountA quick overview of the ETX Capital account:
ETX Capital Services
|Average User Rating||6.7|
|New Account Offer|
|24 Hour Trading|
|Stop Loss Available|
|Automatic Stop Loss|
|FCA Authorised and Regulated|
User Ratings & Comments on ETX CapitalAdd Your View – if you have any comments or questions on ETX Capital, feel free to add them here.
Readers can leave comments by logging in securely to their Facebook, Twitter or Intense Debate accounts (CleanFinancial does not see, or keep a record of, your login details).
ETX Capital ChartsThe ETX platform comes with award winning Trade-Through charts which let clients:
- Trade directly on the chart, i.e. you can open and close positions, set limit orders and track open trades on the chart
- Display the mid, bid or offer price
- View the spread on the chart
- See the chart on the deal ticket
Naturally, as with the charts that most of the leading spread betting firms provide to their clients, you can:
- Choose from a number of different display styles e.g. candlestick, HLOC, line and area
- Use drawing tools e.g. point-to-point lines, Fibonnacci retracement and Fibonnacci cycles
- Add a variety of studies (indicators)
- Save your settings
ETX Capital MarketsBelow you will find a small sample of the spread betting markets that are offered by ETX Capital along with their typical in-hours spread sizes and the typical minimum stake for that market.
Typical In-Hours Forex Spread Sizes with ETX Capital
|EUR / USD Daily||0.7|
|GBP / USD Daily||0.9|
|EUR / GBP Daily||1.5|
|USD / JPY Daily||0.9|
|Forex minimum stake||£0.5|
Typical In-Hours Commodities Spread Sizes with ETX Capital
|Brent Crude Oil Daily||4|
|Brent Crude Oil Futures||6|
|US Crude Oil Daily||4|
|US Crude Oil Futures||6|
|Commodities minimum stake||£0.5|
- Metals: copper, palladium and platinum.
- Energies: heating oil, natural gas and RBOB Gasoline (unleaded).
- Agricultures / Softs: corn, cotton, feeder cattle, lean hogs, live cattle, London cocoa, London sugar, lumber, oats, orange juice, robusta coffee, rough rice, soybean, soybean meal, soybean oil, US cocoa, US sugar (no.11) and wheat.
Typical In-Hours Interest Rate Spread Sizes with ETX Capital
|Treasuries minimum stake||£0.5|
Typical In-Hours Bonds Spread Sizes with ETX Capital
|US T Bond 10 Year||4|
|US T Bond 30 Year||4|
|Treasuries minimum stake||£0.5|
Spread Betting on OptionsPlease be aware that with ETX you can also spread bet on Options such as:
- UK 100 Options
- Germany 30 Options
- SP 500 Options
- Wall Street Options
ETF Spread BettingETX Capital also provide spread betting on a wide range of Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) such as:
- MSCI Japan Fund
- MSCI Korea
- UK 100 Tracker
- UK 250 Tracker
- UK Dividend Plus
- ETC All Commodities
- ETFS Agriculture
- Financial Bear (3X)
- Financial Bull (3X)
About ETX Capital, Stability and UK Regulation
Losses can exceed deposits
Address: One Broadgate, London, EC2M 2QS.
Spread betting and CFD trading carry a high level of risk to your capital and you may lose more than your initial investment. Spread betting and CFD trading may not be suitable for all investors. Only speculate with money that you can afford to lose. Please ensure you fully understand the risks involved and seek independent financial advice where necessary.