- Android Trading Apps
- Where to Get Android Spread Betting and CFD Apps
- Companies that have Android Spread Betting and CFD Apps
- Tablet and App Awards
- Example Android App
Android Trading AppsWhilst spread betting on iPhones and iPads is more popular than trading on Android based apps, the rise of Android is eating into Apple’s market share and most large spread betting firms now let you trade using Android.
A key benefit here is that most firms spent a lot of time getting their iPhone apps right. So by the time they started looking at Android and iPads they had a good understanding of touch screen technology, the screen-size constraints and most importantly, what clients want.
Therefore most Android apps are of a fairly high standard and let clients:
- Check live prices and charts
- Open and close trades
- Add and update trading orders
- Review their account history, P&L, open positions etc.
- Create and amend their Watchlists / Portfolios
Where to Get Android Spread Betting and CFD AppsAndroid trading applications are normally free and can be downloaded from the App Store.
Which Companies Have Android Spread Betting and CFD Apps?
Tablet and App Awards:2013 Awards
- Capital Spreads won ‘Best Mobile/Tablet Application’ – MoneyAM Awards
- City Index won ‘Best Mobile/Tablet Trading Application’ – Shares Magazine Awards
- CMC Markets won ‘Best Spread Betting App’ – Financial Times and Investors Chronicle Investment Awards
- Capital Spreads won ‘Best Mobile Trading Platform’ – MoneyAM Awards
- CMC Markets were top for ‘Best CFD Mobile App’ – Investment Trends Report
- IG won ‘Best Spread Betting App’ – Investors Chronicle and Financial Times Awards
Example Android AppGFT Markets have launched a new Android app for its award winning DealBook trading platform.
The app will scale to fit most tablets and is also available for the Kindle Fire.
The new trading app should complement other bespoke GFT applications, such as the iPad app and their iPhone app.
CleanFinancial.com readers should note that there is a universal version of the GFT mobile platform which is supported on any internet enabled handset.
The GFT Markets Android Trading AppThe new app lets clients:
- Trade 3,200+ CFD and spread betting markets
- Use charts
- Add overlays / technical indicators
- Set SMS and e-mail price alerts
- Place and edit orders
- Monitor their account
- Access live markets news and a range of video-based resources
About GFT DealBook for Android:
- The interface of the spread betting and CFD trading app has been designed for smartphones. However is also accessible on any Android enabled tablet device
- The Android app has been created for Android 3.0, nevertheless, the minimum OS compatibility is Android 2.1
- The application supports English and Japanese language versions
- All of GFT Markets‘ clients can log into the new Android trading app with their existing account details and password.
Spread betting and CFD trading carry a high level of risk to your capital and you may lose more than your initial investment. Spread betting and CFD trading may not be suitable for all investors. Only speculate with money that you can afford to lose. Please ensure you fully understand the risks involved and seek independent financial advice where necessary.