Paddy Power Trader
Life after Paddypowertrader
Paddypowertrader stopped operating on 8 April 2011. Paddy Power, the Irish bookmaker, decided to withdraw from the financial spread betting market. Perhaps the profit margins just werenít there.
Nevertheless if you liked your Paddypowertrader account or were interested in opening a Paddypowertrader account then FinancialSpreads.com is a very similar alternative.
FinancialSpreads.com use the same trading platform, offer the same prices, offer the same 2,000+ markets, the same customer service etc.
Weíve added a quick review below and a full review here: Financial Spreads.
Spread Betting with Financial Spreads
With Financial Spreads you get all the normal advantages of spread betting and a range of extra benefits:
Plus you also get:
- There is No Income Tax, No Capital Gains Tax and No Stamp Duty*
- Over 2,000 markets including indices like the FTSE 100 and ISEQ, a range of UK, Irish and US shares, forex markets, gold, crude oil and much more
- No commissions or brokers fees
- Two way trading - this allows you to make a profit when markets rise or fall
- Tight spreads eg the FTSE 100 Rolling Daily Spread is only 1 point during market hours
- Small stakes - start trading from £1 per point and an initial deposit of £30
- Live online charts and interactive online dealing
- 24 hour spread betting
- Protection. Automatic Stop-Losses that help reduce your risk are added to every trade (note that stop-losses are not guaranteed)
- Access to Free Research and Data including Technical Analysis, Market Heat Maps, Events Calendar and Company Specific Data
Here at CleanFinancial.com we want to help you select the trading option that is right for you. One option comes from Irelandís leading bookmaker, Paddy Power.
Paddypowertrader was created as a joint venture between Paddy Power and LCG, the FSA-regulated Financial Spread Betting provider.
With paddypowertrader you get all the advantages of Financial Spread Betting including:
* Tax law is subject to change or may differ if you pay tax outside Ireland or the UK.
Tax Free Investments*
- No Income Tax
- No Capital Gains Tax
- No Stamp Duty
- You can spread bet on indices like the FTSE 100, individual shares, forex and commodities eg spread betting on Crude Oil and gold
- No commissions / brokers fees
- A wide range of markets is generally offered, for details see paddypowertrader Markets
Plus with paddypowertrader you get:
- The option of small stake sizes
- Daily Rolling contracts
- PaddyPowerTrader.com - a fast website with a variety of trading options
- Low initial margin requirements
- Fully interactive online dealing
Why spread bet with paddypowertrader?
Here's what they say:
We have superior technology with fast online execution. Our state of the art trading platform not only ensures that every trade you place is processed in seconds, but also provides you with a complete record of all your trades and orders together with full account management facilities, interactive charting software and portfolio management tools.
We also have a unique 'trading now' widget which shows you the positions of our traders on various asset classes. Itís a unique insight into how other traders are viewing the market.
"paddypowertrader Limits Your Risk
We automatically place a Stop Loss on all of your bets. Stop Losses are important because they act as a safety net and can help prevent you from making big losses. These Stop Losses are not guaranteed and you may, in certain circumstances, lose more than your deposit.
"Free Demo Account with £10,000 Virtual Money
Funded with £10,000 in virtual money, you will be using the exact same trading platform as a real account holder and have access to most of the markets that are available on the live trading platform. Learn all the ins and outs of Spread Betting in a risk free environment
"No Minimum Deposit
Deposit as much or as little as you like. If you want to place a spread bet all that is required is that your account has sufficient available trading funds to cover the Initial Margin Required ("IMR") for that spread trade
"paddypowertrader Online Trading Academy
All you need to know about Financial Spread Betting with step by step instructions, simple examples, simple guides on how to use the trading platform and a comprehensive Jargon Buster.
Each week we provide a round-up of trading news and comments on the movers and shakers for the week ahead.
"paddypowertrader Secure Funds
Your funds are of paramount importance to us. We are regulated by the Financial Service Authority (FSA) and therefore you are automatically protected by the FSA's investor compensation programme. We also ensure all funds are held in client segregated accounts"
"The Paddy Power Difference
Paddypowertrader is all about enabling the retail investor to become involved in financial spread betting. We keep our margin requirements low and spreads tight to ensure that you get the best deal on your trade.
Trading shares is a good way to earn money on the stock markets we provide a forum for reading the experiences of other trader with our blogs. The various traders all trade for a living and are always on hand to have a chat about their daily trades.
Start reading today and experience the paddypowertrader difference. May the markets be with you!"
Stability and Regulation
paddypowertrader is a trading name of London Capital Group Ltd (LCG) which is a company registered in England and Wales under registered number: 3218125. LCG is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA). Registered address: is 4th Floor, 12 Appold Street, London EC2A 2AW.
Risk Warning: Spread betting and CFD trading carry a high level of risk to your capital and you may lose more than your initial investment. Spread betting and CFD trading may not be suitable for all investors. Only speculate with money that you can afford to lose. Please ensure you fully understand the risks involved and seek independent financial advice where necessary.
'Paddy Power Trader' by JW, updated 13-Apr-11
For related pages also see:
Q) Average Trading Results?
A) Get free trading tips, offers, price updates, important news and more!