Losses can exceed deposits
At CleanFinancial.com we want you to select the broker that fits your investment needs. One option comes from contracts for difference firm, Plus500.
- CFD Trading with Plus500
- Plus500 Account
- Plus500 Charts
- User Ratings on Plus500
- User Comments on Plus500
- Plus500 Markets
- Plus500 History and Key Milestones
- About Plus500
CFD Trading with Plus500With a Plus500 account you get all the normal advantages of CFD trading:
- Tax efficient investments, i.e. no stamp duty or income tax*
- Two way trading – you can speculate on markets to rise or fall
- A wide range of products markets – stock market indices, shares, ETF’s, forex and commodities
- Leveraged trading
Plus500 AccountA Plus500 account also comes with:
- Commission free trading
- Dividends on shares – investors can receive compensation for dividends on shares as though they actually held the stock
- 24 hour trading, 5 days a week (opening hours for stock exchanges)
- iPhone, iPad and Android trading apps
- Semi-tight spreads e.g. the EUR/USD spread is 2pts (tighter spreads are available elsewhere – see forex comparison)
- Advanced trading tools and charts
- Quick account opening – opening a new account takes less than 2 minutes
- The option to trade digital currencies such as Bitcoin and Litecoin
- Easy funding and withdrawals. Clients can use credit cards, wire transfers, Paypal and/or MoneyBookers to fund their account. Plus500 have also made it easy to withdraw profits
- A practice account with virtual funds where investors can simulate real money trading
Sample Plus500 chart
User Rating & Comments on Plus 500Add Your View – you have any comments or questions on Plus 500, feel free to add them here:
Readers can leave comments by logging in securely to their Facebook, Twitter or Intense Debate accounts (CleanFinancial does not see, or keep a record of, your login details).
Plus500 MarketsPlus500 offer investors a broad range of instruments:
- European indices: UK 100, Denmark 20, Europe 50, France 40, Germany 30, Germany Mid-Cap, Greece 20, Italy 40, Netherlands 25, Norway 25, Sweden 30 and Swiss 20.
- US indices: USA 30, US-TECH 100 and USA 500
- Asian indices: Japan 225 and Hong Kong 45
- Major forex CFDs e.g. EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/JPY, EUR/GBP, AUD/JPY, AUD/USD, CHF/JPY, EUR/AUD, EUR/CAD, EUR/CHF, EUR/JPY, EUR/USD, GBP/CAD, GBP/JPY, GBP/USD, NZD/USD, USD/CAD, USD/CHF etc.
- Minor forex CFDs e.g. AUD/CAD, AUD/CHF, AUD/NZD, CAD/CHF, CAD/JPY, EUR/NOK, EUR/NZD, EUR/SEK, GBP/AUD, GBP/CHF, GBP/NZD, NZD/CAD, NZD/CHF, NZD/JPY, USD/DKK, USD/NOK, USD/SEK, USD/SGD, USD/ZAR etc.
- Exotic forex CFDs e.g. EUR/CZK, EUR/PLN, EUR/TRY, USD/CZK, USD/HRK, USD/HUF, USD/LTL, USD/LVL, USD/MXN, USD/PLN, USD/TRY, USD/ZAR etc.
- Digital forex CFDs e.g. Bitcoin and Litecoin
- As well as stock market indices, Plus500 offers a range of global shares. These include all the FTSE 100 companies as well as the leading American stocks
- There is also a broad selection of shares listed in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Holland, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland
- Metals: gold, copper, palladium, platinum and silver
- Energies: US oil, heating oil and natural gas
- Softs: corn, cotton and soybean
Using a Plus500 account, investors can trade a selection of ETF CFDs such as:
- iShares China CFD based on the iShares FTSE/Xinhua China 25 Index
- Commodity Index Fund CFD based on the PowerShares DB Commodity Index Tracking Fund
- VXX Volatility CFD based on the iPath S&P 500 (Volatility) VIX Short-Term Futures market
CFD Trading Risks
Please note that according to Plus500, their service is ‘suitable for experienced traders and not for beginners’.
Losses can exceed depositsContracts for Difference and according to their website deliver “unparalleled trading facilities on shares, forex, commodities and indices, alongside innovative trading technology”.
The company is a rapidly growing CFD provider in Europe and Asia and currently offers its portfolio of over 1,700 financial instruments to more than a million clients.
Plus500 listed on the London Stock Exchange on 24 July 2013.
Plus500 is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), FCA Register No. 509909.
Safe Trading and Client Segregated FundsWhen you open a Plus500 account, in accordance with the Financial Service Authority’s client money rules, Plus500 will hold your funds in a segregated bank account.
Plus500 History and Key Milestones
- 2008: Plus500 was founded and launched a PC-based online trading platform
- 2009: Commission-free CFDs on equity trades
- 2010: Web based trading platform
- 2011: More than 200,000 trades executed per month
- 2011: Generates its 1,000,000th client
- 2011: iPhone and iPad apps, the Plus500 app becomes the highest rated CFD trading app on Apple’s AppStore
- 2011: 1,000 new equity market instruments
- 2012: Android app for the Android smartphones and tablets
Spread betting and CFD trading carry a high level of risk to your capital and you may lose more than your initial investment. Spread betting and CFD trading may not be suitable for all investors. Only speculate with money that you can afford to lose. Please ensure you fully understand the risks involved and seek independent financial advice where necessary.