The CleanFinancial.com guide to iPhone spread betting and CFDs apps.
- iPhone Spread Betting Apps
- Where to Get Spread Betting and CFD iPhone Apps
- Companies with iPhone Spread Betting and CFD Platforms
- Mobile Trading Awards
- iPhone Trading Videos
The first iPhone spread betting and CFD trading app was launched in 2009 by City Index and over 15% of the company’s trades now go through their apps.
Since the first app, City Index have won a good number of awards, however many of the other firms have caught up, see Mobile Trading Awards below.
Companies like Capital Spreads say that 10-12% of their trades now go through their iPhone and iPad apps.
Naturally a number of trades also go through Android trading apps however, it is this editor’s understanding that this percentage is closer to 1-2% of trades.
According to CMC, an incredible 67% of clients logged on to their mobile apps in December 2013.
Note you still need your iPhone to use the Apple Watch spread betting app.
Which Companies Have iPhone Spread Betting and CFD Platforms
iPhone Spread Betting Apps
This means that the typical financial spread betting app lets you:
- Access live prices and charts
- Open / close trades
- Apply a number of popular technical indicators and overlays to the charts
- Create new trading orders and move existing orders
- Check your open positions, P&L, account history, transaction history etc.
- Add and update new Watchlists (Portfolios)
Where to Get Spread Betting and CFD iPhone AppsiPhone spread betting and CFDs applications are normally free and can be downloaded from the App Store.
Mobile Trading Awards:
- City Index were awarded ‘Best Mobile/Tablet Trading App’ at the Shares Magazine Awards
- CMC Markets were awarded ‘Best Spread Betting App’ at the Financial Times and Investors Chronicle Investment Awards
- Capital Spreads were awarded ‘Best Mobile/Tablet App’ at the MoneyAM Awards
- Capital Spreads were awarded ‘Best Mobile Trading Platform’ at the MoneyAM Awards
- IG were awarded ‘Best Spread Betting App’ at the Investors Chronicle and Financial Times Awards
- CMC Markets were top for ‘Best CFD Mobile App’ in the report from Investment Trends
iPhone Trading VideosThere are a few videos which show off what you can do, and what you can expect from the spread betting and CFD apps.
We have added a couple of quick videos from CMC and IG to the playlist below:
Apple, the Apple logo, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Spread betting and CFD trading carry a high level of risk to your capital and you may lose more than your initial investment. Spread betting and CFD trading may not be suitable for all investors. Only speculate with money that you can afford to lose. Please ensure you fully understand the risks involved and seek independent financial advice where necessary.