UK Shares Trading - Essar Energy, Fresnillo and Severn Trent
A look at how some of the top UK equities have performed along with the market moving news and the biggest risers and fallers.
For today's report see UK Share Trading.
UK Share Trading - 03 Aug 2011
Rising UK Shares
| || Company || Rise |
| || Fresnillo || 4.60% |
| || Severn Trent || 2.50% |
| || National Grid || 2.00% |
| || WM Morrison Supermarkets || 1.20% |
| || United Utilities || 1.10% |
| || Next || 1.10% |
| || British American Tobacco || 1.00% |
| || British Land || 0.90% |
| || Imperial Tobacco || 0.80% |
| || British Sky Broadcasting || 0.70% ||
Falling UK Shares
| || Company || Fall |
| || Hargreaves Lansdown || -12.70% |
| || Intercontinental Hotels || -5.20% |
| || IMI || -4.90% |
| || GKN || -4.70% |
| || Inmarsat || -4.40% |
| || Kazakhmys || -4.40% |
| || Essar Energy || -4.10% |
| || Antofagasta || -3.80% |
| || ENRC || -3.80% |
| || Xstrata || -3.60% |
Note: The tables above show how some of the leading UK shares performed during the last trading day.
UK Share Trading
- FTSE 100 dropped 1.0% or 56.0 points to 5,718.4.
- Hargreaves Lansdown dipped 12.7%, as UK regulators proposed that it wanted to ban undisclosed payments from fund managers and cash rebates to consumers.
- GKN lost 4.7%, ahead of its first-half results.
- Miners, Kazakhmys, Antofagasta and ENRC, dropped between 3.8% and 4.4%, as copper for September delivery fell 0.3% to $4.40 per pound.
- Essar Energy declined 4.1%, as crude oil for September delivery fell 1.2% to $93.79 per barrel.
- Fresnillo climbed 4.6%, after the company posted a 92% surge in first-half core profit and raised its dividend by 128%.
- Next gained 1.1%, ahead of its second-quarter trading updates.
- Utility stocks, Severn Trent, National Grid and United Utilities Group, advanced between 1.1% and 2.5%, as investors opted for stocks with defensive qualities.
- Tobacco stocks, British American Tobacco and Imperial Tobacco Group rose 1.0% and 0.8% respectively.
UK Share Trading News
For more stock market news and tips also see:
The above comments do not constitute investment advice and neither ETX Capital nor Clean Financial accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of them. Any prices or data are indicative and subject to change without notice; its accuracy is not guaranteed and should not be relied on.
ETX Capital »
"With ETX Capital you get all the normal
advantages of Spread Betting plus..." » read
ETX Capital review.
Risk Warning: Financial spread bets and CFDs are leveraged products and it is possible for losses to exceed deposits. Financial spread betting and CFD trading are not suitable for everyone so please seek advice if you do not understand the risks.
Article provided / approved by ETX Capital which is the trading name of Monecor (London) Limited, company number 00851820. Monecor (London) Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority, registration number 124721.
'UK Shares Trading - Essar Energy, Fresnillo and Severn Trent' edited by ETX Capital, updated 03-Aug-11
UK Share Trading News Index - an index of daily UK share trading articles. Each article reviews the leading UK shares, how they have performed, the largest risers and fallers and the key causes behind those moves.
Q) Average Trading Results?
A) Get free trading tips, offers, price updates, important news and more!