UK Shares Trading - BAE Systems, Imperial Tobacco and Reed Elsevier
A look at how some of the top UK equities have performed along with the market moving news and the biggest risers and fallers.
For today's report see UK Share Trading.
UK Share Trading - 17 Feb 2012
Rising UK Shares
| || Company || Rise |
| || Reed Elsevier || 2.90% |
| || J Sainsbury || 2.00% |
| || Imperial Tobacco || 1.80% |
| || Wolseley || 1.40% |
| || Lloyds || 1.30% |
| || Barclays || 1.30% |
| || Capita || 1.20% |
| || WM Morrison Supermarkets || 1.20% |
| || National Grid || 1.10% |
| || Glencore International || 1.10% ||
Falling UK Shares
| || Company || Fall |
| || Evraz || -3.60% |
| || Polymetal International || -3.30% |
| || Randgold Resources || -2.50% |
| || BAE Systems || -2.30% |
| || Essar Energy || -1.80% |
| || AMEC || -1.80% |
| || Antofagasta || -1.80% |
| || Anglo American || -1.70% |
| || Fresnillo || -1.70% |
| || Man Group || -1.60% |
Note: The tables above show how some of the leading UK shares performed during the last trading day.
UK Share Trading
- FTSE 100 shed 0.1%, to close at 5,885.4.
- Reed Elsevier rose 2.9%, after the company reported a rise in its full-year earnings.
- J Sainsbury gained 2.0%, amid unusually strong demand in the options market.
- Imperial Tobacco gained 1.8%, amid renewed takeover speculations.
- Barclays rose 1.3%, despite Moody’s announcement that the company might be downgraded by up to two notches.
- Precious metal stocks, Polymetal International, Randgold Resources and Fresnillo dropped between 1.7% and 3.3%, in line with a fall in silver prices.
- BAE Systems slid 2.3%, after the company stated that its domestic market growth would stagnate in 2012.
- Essar Energy slid 1.8%, after it announced that its Indian subsidiary had filed a petition in the Supreme Court of India to evaluate $1.235 billion repayment of deferred sales tax.
- Miners, Anglo American and Antofagasta, dropped 1.7% and 1.8%, respectively, as base metal prices retreated.
UK Share Trading News
For more stock market news and tips also see:
The above comments do not constitute investment advice and neither ETX Capital nor Clean Financial accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of them. Any prices or data are indicative and subject to change without notice; its accuracy is not guaranteed and should not be relied on.
ETX Capital »
"With ETX Capital you get all the normal
advantages of Spread Betting plus..." » read
ETX Capital review.
Risk Warning: Financial spread bets and CFDs are leveraged products and it is possible for losses to exceed deposits. Financial spread betting and CFD trading are not suitable for everyone so please seek advice if you do not understand the risks.
Article provided / approved by ETX Capital which is the trading name of Monecor (London) Limited, company number 00851820. Monecor (London) Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority, registration number 124721.
'UK Shares Trading - BAE Systems, Imperial Tobacco and Reed Elsevier' edited by ETX Capital, updated 17-Feb-12
UK Share Trading News Index - an index of daily UK share trading articles. Each article reviews the leading UK shares, how they have performed, the largest risers and fallers and the key causes behind those moves.
Q) Average Trading Results?
A) Get free trading tips, offers, price updates, important news and more!