21 May 2012 UK Equity Trading News - Xstrata, BG Group and ITV
A look at how some of the top UK equities have performed along with the market moving news and the biggest risers and fallers.
For today's report see UK Share Trading.
UK Share Trading - 21 May 2012
Rising UK Shares
| || Company || Rise |
| || Polymetal International || 2.80% |
| || Fresnillo || 2.10% |
| || CRH || 2.00% |
| || WM Morrison Supermarkets || 1.00% |
| || Centrica || 1.00% |
| || BG Group || 1.00% |
| || Antofagasta || 0.90% |
| || Randgold Resources || 0.80% |
| || BT || 0.70% |
| || Sage || 0.60% ||
Falling UK Shares
| || Company || Fall |
| || Lloyds || -6.20% |
| || Royal Bank Of Scotland || -5.10% |
| || Xstrata || -4.30% |
| || Burberry || -4.20% |
| || Man Group || -4.10% |
| || ITV || -3.70% |
| || Aberdeen Asset Management || -3.70% |
| || ENRC || -3.40% |
| || Schroders-A || -3.30% |
| || Schroders-B || -3.30% |
Note: The tables above show how some of the leading UK shares performed during the last trading day.
UK Share Trading
- FTSE 100 shed 1.3% to settle at 5,267.6.
- Precious metal stocks, Polymetal International, Fresnillo and Randgold Resources climbed between 0.8% and 2.8%, in line with a rise in gold and silver prices.
- BG Group gained 1.0%, after a broker upgraded its rating on the stock to “Buy” from “Add”.
- BT Group edged up 0.7%, after a broker upgraded the stock from “Hold” to “Buy”.
- Broadcaster, ITV dropped 3.7%, as HSBC assigned an “Underweight” rating to the stock.
- Royal Bank of Scotland and Lloyds Banking Group dropped 5.1% and 6.2%, respectively, amid concerns over their exposure to Spain and the rest of Eurozone.
- Miners, ENRC and Xstrata declined 3.4% and 4.3%, respectively, after China’s State Information Centre forecasted a slowdown in the country’s economy for the second quarter.
- Burberry Group slipped 4.2%, amid concerns over its Chinese exposure.
- Man Group declined 4.1%, after Standard & Poor's downgraded the stock to “Negative” from “Stable”.
UK Share Trading News
For more stock market news and tips also see:
The above comments do not constitute investment advice and neither ETX Capital nor Clean Financial accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of them. Any prices or data are indicative and subject to change without notice; its accuracy is not guaranteed and should not be relied on.
ETX Capital »
"With ETX Capital you get all the normal
advantages of Spread Betting plus..." » read
ETX Capital review.
Risk Warning: Financial spread bets and CFDs are leveraged products and it is possible for losses to exceed deposits. Financial spread betting and CFD trading are not suitable for everyone so please seek advice if you do not understand the risks.
Article provided / approved by ETX Capital which is the trading name of Monecor (London) Limited, company number 00851820. Monecor (London) Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority, registration number 124721.
'21 May 2012 UK Equity Trading News - Xstrata, BG Group and ITV' edited by ETX Capital, updated 21-May-12
UK Share Trading News Index - an index of daily UK share trading articles. Each article reviews the leading UK shares, how they have performed, the largest risers and fallers and the key causes behind those moves.
Q) Average Trading Results?
A) Get free trading tips, offers, price updates, important news and more!