UK Equities Trading News - Rexam, Cairn Energy and Fresnillo
A look at how some of the top UK equities have performed along with the market moving news and the biggest risers and fallers.
For today's report see UK Share Trading.
UK Share Trading - 04 Aug 2011
Rising UK Shares
| || Company || Rise |
| || Fresnillo || 5.20% |
| || Rexam || 4.00% |
| || Lonmin || 2.40% |
| || Scottish & Southern Energy || 2.10% |
| || Admiral || 2.00% |
| || United Utilities || 1.20% |
| || National Grid || 1.20% |
| || Centrica || 1.10% |
| || Marks and Spencer || 1.10% |
| || Vodafone || 0.90% ||
Falling UK Shares
| || Company || Fall |
| || Glencore International || -7.00% |
| || Tullow Oil || -5.70% |
| || Cairn Energy || -5.10% |
| || SABMiller || -4.90% |
| || IMI || -4.90% |
| || Legal and General || -4.70% |
| || Royal Dutch Shell- A || -4.70% |
| || Royal Dutch Shell- B || -4.50% |
| || Kazakhmys || -4.50% |
| || BHP Billiton || -4.20% |
Note: The tables above show how some of the leading UK shares performed during the last trading day.
UK Share Trading
- FTSE 100 dropped 2.3% or 133.9 points to 5,584.5.
- Glencore International tumbled 7.0%, tracking a broad sell-off in the commodity sector.
- Oil producers, Tullow Oil and Royal Dutch Shell-A, slipped 5.7% and 4.7% respectively, as crude oil for September delivery declined 2.0% to $91.93 per barrel.
- Cairn Energy lost 5.1%, as the company abandoned a well off the Greenland coast after drilling failed to discover oil. The stock also fell, after Evolution Securities repeated its “Reduce” rating on the stock.
- Royal Dutch Shell-B declined 4.5%, after going ex-dividend.
- Kazakhmys dropped 4.5%, as copper for September delivery fell 1.6% to $4.33 per pound.
- BHP Billiton fell 4.2%, after Credit Suisse downgraded the stock to “Neutral” from “Outperform”.
- Fresnillo climbed 5.2%, as silver for September delivery added 4.2% to $41.76 per ounce.
- Rexam gained 4.0%, after the company posted a 19% rise in its first-half profit.
- Marks & Spencer added 1.1%, benefiting from upbeat comments from Arden Partners.
UK Share Trading News
For more stock market news and tips also see:
The above comments do not constitute investment advice and neither ETX Capital nor Clean Financial accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of them. Any prices or data are indicative and subject to change without notice; its accuracy is not guaranteed and should not be relied on.
ETX Capital »
"With ETX Capital you get all the normal
advantages of Spread Betting plus..." » read
ETX Capital review.
Risk Warning: Financial spread bets and CFDs are leveraged products and it is possible for losses to exceed deposits. Financial spread betting and CFD trading are not suitable for everyone so please seek advice if you do not understand the risks.
Article provided / approved by ETX Capital which is the trading name of Monecor (London) Limited, company number 00851820. Monecor (London) Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority, registration number 124721.
'UK Equities Trading News - Rexam, Cairn Energy and Fresnillo' edited by ETX Capital, updated 04-Aug-11
UK Share Trading News Index - an index of daily UK share trading articles. Each article reviews the leading UK shares, how they have performed, the largest risers and fallers and the key causes behind those moves.
Q) Average Trading Results?
A) Get free trading tips, offers, price updates, important news and more!