UK 100 Stock Trading - Ashmore, Carnival and Wolseley
A look at how some of the top UK equities have performed along with the market moving news and the biggest risers and fallers.
For today's report see UK Share Trading.
UK Share Trading - 16 Jul 2012
Rising UK Shares
| || Company || Rise |
| || Polymetal International || 6.80% |
| || Burberry || 6.10% |
| || Kazakhmys || 6.10% |
| || Evraz || 4.60% |
| || ENRC || 3.90% |
| || Randgold Resources || 3.80% |
| || ITV || 3.70% |
| || BT || 3.50% |
| || Ashmore || 3.50% |
| || Vedanta Resources || 3.50% ||
Falling UK Shares
| || Company || Fall |
| || Experian || -2.00% |
| || G4S || -1.50% |
| || SSE || -0.90% |
| || Barclays || -0.80% |
| || Carnival || -0.40% |
| || Tesco || -0.40% |
| || Wolseley || -0.30% |
| || CRH || -0.20% |
| || Intercontinental Hotels || -0.10% |
Note: The tables above show how some of the leading UK shares performed during the last trading day.
UK Share Trading
- FTSE 100 soared 1.0% to close at 5,666.1.
- Precious metal stocks, Polymetal International and Randgold resources soared 6.8% and 3.8%, respectively, in line with a rise in gold prices.
- Burberry Group, with significant exposure to China, advanced 6.1%, as China’s second-quarter GDP growth came in line with analyst expectations.
- Miners, Kazakhmys, ENRC and Vedanta Resources rallied between 3.5% and 6.1%, tracking higher base metal prices.
- Kazakhmys also rose on renewed talk that it could swap its 26% in ENRC for Glencore's 51% stake in Kazzinc.
- ITV gained 3.7%, amid speculation of receiving bid interest from a private equity and as a broker reiterated its “Overweight” rating on the stock.
- BT Group gained 3.5%, after Citigroup upgraded the European telecom sector stock to “Neutral” from “Underweight”
- Experian dropped 2.0%, amid concerns over a slowdown in the UK and Latin American credit services.
- G4S fell 1.5%, after the company failed to arrange enough security for the London Olympics.
- SSE retreated 0.9%, after Citigroup downgraded the stock to “Sell” from “Neutral”, and Societe Generale initiated its coverage of the stock with a “Sell” rating.
UK Share Trading News
For more stock market news and tips also see:
The above comments do not constitute investment advice and neither ETX Capital nor Clean Financial accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of them. Any prices or data are indicative and subject to change without notice; its accuracy is not guaranteed and should not be relied on.
ETX Capital »
"With ETX Capital you get all the normal
advantages of Spread Betting plus..." » read
ETX Capital review.
Risk Warning: Financial spread bets and CFDs are leveraged products and it is possible for losses to exceed deposits. Financial spread betting and CFD trading are not suitable for everyone so please seek advice if you do not understand the risks.
Article provided / approved by ETX Capital which is the trading name of Monecor (London) Limited, company number 00851820. Monecor (London) Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority, registration number 124721.
'UK 100 Stock Trading - Ashmore, Carnival and Wolseley' edited by ETX Capital, updated 16-Jul-12
UK Share Trading News Index - an index of daily UK share trading articles. Each article reviews the leading UK shares, how they have performed, the largest risers and fallers and the key causes behind those moves.
Q) Average Trading Results?
A) Get free trading tips, offers, price updates, important news and more!