FTSE Share Trading News - Whitbread, Kingfisher and Rexam
A look at how some of the top UK equities have performed along with the market moving news and the biggest risers and fallers.
For today's report see UK Share Trading.
UK Share Trading - 29 May 2012
Rising UK Shares
| || Company || Rise |
| || Weir || 4.00% |
| || ITV || 3.10% |
| || Xstrata || 3.00% |
| || Capita || 3.00% |
| || Tullow Oil || 2.70% |
| || Rio Tinto || 2.20% |
| || Whitbread || 2.10% |
| || Burberry || 2.10% |
| || Arm Holdings || 2.10% |
| || Rexam || 2.10% ||
Falling UK Shares
| || Company || Fall |
| || Int. Consolidated Airlines || -2.70% |
| || BP || -1.90% |
| || Kingfisher || -1.80% |
| || Tesco || -1.60% |
| || Resolution || -1.40% |
| || Severn Trent || -1.20% |
| || British Sky Broadcasting || -1.10% |
| || Petrofac || -1.00% |
| || National Grid || -0.90% |
| || SSE || -0.80% |
Note: The tables above show how some of the leading UK shares performed during the last trading day.
UK Share Trading
- FTSE 100 edged up 0.1% to close at 5,356.3.
- Weir Group climbed 4.0%, on hopes of an increase in pump supplies to the mining industry.
- Miners, Xstrata and Rio Tinto gained 3.0% and 2.2%, respectively, in line with a rise in base metal prices.
- Capita rose 3.0%, after UBS upgraded the stock to “Buy” from “Neutral” and added the shares to its list of “Preferred stocks”.
- Tullow Oil gained 2.7%, tracking higher crude oil prices.
- Rexam climbed 2.1%, as the company moved a step closer to a deal for the sale of its personal-care unit.
- International Consolidated Airlines Group lost 2.7%, amid speculation that its largest shareholder, Bankia, might sell a stake in the company.
- BP fell 1.9% after its Chief Executive, Oligarch Mikhail Fridman, stepped down from the joint venture TNK-BP Group.
- Kingfisher lost 1.8%, ahead of its first-quarter results this week.
- Tesco fell 1.6%, after Morgan Stanley restated an “Underweight” advice on the stock to its clients.
- Resolution dropped 1.4%, on report that the company might acquire Rabobank Groep’s Robeco unit.
UK Share Trading News
For more stock market news and tips also see:
The above comments do not constitute investment advice and neither ETX Capital nor Clean Financial accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of them. Any prices or data are indicative and subject to change without notice; its accuracy is not guaranteed and should not be relied on.
ETX Capital »
"With ETX Capital you get all the normal
advantages of Spread Betting plus..." » read
ETX Capital review.
Risk Warning: Financial spread bets and CFDs are leveraged products and it is possible for losses to exceed deposits. Financial spread betting and CFD trading are not suitable for everyone so please seek advice if you do not understand the risks.
Article provided / approved by ETX Capital which is the trading name of Monecor (London) Limited, company number 00851820. Monecor (London) Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority, registration number 124721.
'FTSE Share Trading News - Whitbread, Kingfisher and Rexam' edited by ETX Capital, updated 29-May-12
UK Share Trading News Index - an index of daily UK share trading articles. Each article reviews the leading UK shares, how they have performed, the largest risers and fallers and the key causes behind those moves.
Q) Average Trading Results?
A) Get free trading tips, offers, price updates, important news and more!