FTSE Equity Trading - Meggitt, Admiral and Essar Energy
A look at how some of the top UK equities have performed along with the market moving news and the biggest risers and fallers.
For today's report see UK Share Trading.
UK Share Trading - 17 Nov 2011
Rising UK Shares
| || Company || Rise |
| || Intertek || 3.50% |
| || Kingfisher || 2.50% |
| || Cairn Energy || 2.40% |
| || Meggitt || 2.40% |
| || ITV || 2.30% |
| || Petrofac || 1.90% |
| || BP || 1.60% |
| || Lonmin || 1.50% |
| || Royal Dutch Shell - B || 1.50% |
| || Aggreko || 1.40% ||
Falling UK Shares
| || Company || Fall |
| || Essar Energy || -5.30% |
| || British Sky Broadcasting || -4.90% |
| || ICAP || -4.70% |
| || Vodafone || -3.70% |
| || Admiral || -3.60% |
| || Reed Elsevier || -2.40% |
| || Centrica || -2.40% |
| || Marks and Spencer || -2.30% |
| || Prudential || -2.20% |
| || Standard Chartered || -1.90% |
Note: The tables above show how some of the leading UK shares performed during the last trading day.
UK Share Trading
- FTSE 100 edged down 0.2% to end at 5,509.0.
- Intertek Group rose 3.5%, after it stated that its 10 months earnings were in line with expectations, despite global economic turbulence.
- Cairn energy gained 2.4%, after Societe Generale initiated coverage on the stock with a “Buy” rating.
- Meggitt added 2.4%, after it announced that it had acquired two new contracts. Meggitt also gained value, after it was included in the MSCI’s UK index.
- Energy stocks, Petrofac, BP and Royal Dutch Shell, rallied between 1.5% and 1.9%, after crude oil for December delivery rose above $100 per barrel for the first time since June.
- Essar Energy slumped 5.3%, on the back of project delays and concerns over escalating costs.
- ICAP dropped 4.7%, after its Chief Executive, Michael Spencer, warned of falling trading-volumes in October and November.
- Vodafone declined 3.7%, after it went ex-dividend.
- Admiral slid 3.6%, amid fears that it might be removed from the FTSE 100 index.
- Reed Elsevier lost 2.4%, following a dismal trading update.
UK Share Trading News
For more stock market news and tips also see:
The above comments do not constitute investment advice and neither ETX Capital nor Clean Financial accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of them. Any prices or data are indicative and subject to change without notice; its accuracy is not guaranteed and should not be relied on.
ETX Capital »
"With ETX Capital you get all the normal
advantages of Spread Betting plus..." » read
ETX Capital review.
Risk Warning: Financial spread bets and CFDs are leveraged products and it is possible for losses to exceed deposits. Financial spread betting and CFD trading are not suitable for everyone so please seek advice if you do not understand the risks.
Article provided / approved by ETX Capital which is the trading name of Monecor (London) Limited, company number 00851820. Monecor (London) Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority, registration number 124721.
'FTSE Equity Trading - Meggitt, Admiral and Essar Energy' edited by ETX Capital, updated 17-Nov-11
UK Share Trading News Index - an index of daily UK share trading articles. Each article reviews the leading UK shares, how they have performed, the largest risers and fallers and the key causes behind those moves.
Q) Average Trading Results?
A) Get free trading tips, offers, price updates, important news and more!