FTSE 100 Shares Trading News - Shire, Whitbread and Aberdeen Asset Management
A look at how some of the top UK equities have performed along with the market moving news and the biggest risers and fallers.
For today's report see UK Share Trading.
UK Share Trading - 27 Apr 2012
Rising UK Shares
| || Company || Rise |
| || Whitbread || 6.20% |
| || Randgold Resources || 5.10% |
| || Weir Group || 3.60% |
| || Royal Dutch Shell -A || 3.50% |
| || Lloyds Banking Group || 3.20% |
| || Royal Dutch Shell -B || 3.20% |
| || Tullow Oil || 2.90% |
| || BP || 2.80% |
| || Unilever || 2.70% |
| || Shire || 1.90% ||
Falling UK Shares
| || Company || Fall |
| || Astrazeneca || -6.10% |
| || Evraz || -3.10% |
| || Admiral Group || -2.90% |
| || Polymetal International || -2.60% |
| || Aberdeen Asset Management || -2.20% |
| || CRH || -1.80% |
| || Aviva || -1.80% |
| || Man Group || -1.50% |
| || Next || -1.40% |
| || Kazakhmys || -1.30% |
Note: The tables above show how some of the leading UK shares performed during the last trading day.
UK Share Trading
- FTSE 100 rose 0.5% to end at 5,748.7.
- Whitbread soared 6.2%, after the company reported an 11% increase in its full-year pre-tax profit.
- Randgold Resources surged 5.1%, following higher gold prices.
- Royal Dutch Shell climbed 3.5%, after its first-quarter earnings surpassed market expectations.
- Energy stocks, Tullow Oil and BP, rose 2.9% and 2.8%, respectively, tracking higher crude oil prices.
- Unilever advanced 2.7%, after the company reported better-than-expected sales in its first-quarter.
- Shire added 1.9%, after the company’s first quarter earnings surpassed analyst estimates.
- AstraZeneca tumbled 6.1%, after the company’s first-quarter earnings fell short of market expectations and as it trimmed its full-year earnings target.
- Admiral Group dropped 2.9%, after the company reported a slowdown in its first-quarter sales.
UK Share Trading News
For more stock market news and tips also see:
The above comments do not constitute investment advice and neither ETX Capital nor Clean Financial accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of them. Any prices or data are indicative and subject to change without notice; its accuracy is not guaranteed and should not be relied on.
ETX Capital »
"With ETX Capital you get all the normal
advantages of Spread Betting plus..." » read
ETX Capital review.
Risk Warning: Financial spread bets and CFDs are leveraged products and it is possible for losses to exceed deposits. Financial spread betting and CFD trading are not suitable for everyone so please seek advice if you do not understand the risks.
Article provided / approved by ETX Capital which is the trading name of Monecor (London) Limited, company number 00851820. Monecor (London) Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority, registration number 124721.
'FTSE 100 Shares Trading News - Shire, Whitbread and Aberdeen Asset Management' edited by ETX Capital, updated 27-Apr-12
UK Share Trading News Index - an index of daily UK share trading articles. Each article reviews the leading UK shares, how they have performed, the largest risers and fallers and the key causes behind those moves.
Q) Average Trading Results?
A) Get free trading tips, offers, price updates, important news and more!